Maple Walnut Popcorn
- 1 cup walnuts (may be toasted)
- About 8 cups popcorn (popped)
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 ½ cups pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Special equipment: a candy thermometer
- Toss together walnuts and popcorn in a large bowl.
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add syrup and salt, then boil, without stirring, until mixture registers 300°F on thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour syrup over pecans and popcorn, stirring briskly with heat proof spoon.
- Immediately spread popcorn in baking pan. Cool completely, then break into bite-size pieces.
Other recipes you might like