Maple Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup softened shortening
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 egg, to be beaten in
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Blend well together the peanut butter and shortening
- Beat in the brown sugar and Maple Syrup.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to first mixture, beating thoroughly.
- Turn out on floured board and divide in half.
- Shape each half into a roll about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap well in waxed paper and chill overnight.
- Cut in slices about ¼ inch thick and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 12 min., or until light golden brown.
Other recipes you might like