Maple Trail Mix
- Use a variety of ingredients (nuts, dried fruit, Cheerios, Shreddies, pretzels…) for either sweet or spicy.
- Add complementary spices/flavours (cinnamon for sweet and Cajun spice, garlic powder and seasoning salt for spicy)
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Bring butter and syrup to a boil.
- Toss into dry ingredients until well coated.
- Spread mixture onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 325 F for approx 30 minutes until golden brown (to ensure the mixture is ‘dry’
- Maple Caramel Sauce
- ¼ cup maple sugar with ¼ cup water added
½ cup maple syrup (reduced to ¼ cup)
- ½ cup whipping cream (a little less if thicker sauce is desired)
- Heat sugar/syrup to a simmer (allow all water to evaporate) and add cream.
- Leave on low heat, and stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer on low for up to 5 minutes, so as to not burn the mixture. Serve warm or chilled.
- Refrigerate up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Other recipes you might like